Tuesday 14 October 2014

Yvoire


 


Yvoire is a flower filled medieval village on the shores of Lac Leman ( lake Geneva) and is classified as one of the most beautiful villages in france. I feel unqualified to make that call but on this day the stone walled streets, overflowing walls of flowers and winding streets to the lake, were definitely stunningly beautiful. We were booked for a waterfront lunch . I think the restaurant was called au Bord du lac but I didnt write it down and am a little unsure. I was expertly guided to select the local fare fillets de perche and we wandered the busy saturday streets visiting galleries and stopping to order a beautiful stained glass pendant light for my hosts dining room. We paused at a church to listen to a rehearsal for a visiting  singing group, the twins were captivated and we decided to cancel our restaurant meal for the evening and return for the concert.









No comments:

Post a Comment